When Testable runs your test plan it will pass a few extra system properties to give you the context from which you are executing.
- execution: The unique ID of this test case execution.
- region: The name of the region in which the test plan is executing (e.g.
- chunk: Executions are split up into multiple chunks when there are more than 100 concurrent clients. Each chunk is given a unique ID.
- client: Within each chunk, a unique ID for the concurrent client executing your test. Starts at 0.
- iteration: Within each concurrent client, a unique ID for the iteration of the test plan. Starts at 0.
- testable_id: A unique ID for this iteration of your test plan that is guaranteed to be globally unique. It is a combination of the above properties (e.g.
- files_dir: The local directory where all files uploaded to this test case can be referenced in your test plan. So for example if you had uploaded
users.csvyou could read from it using
- output_dir: A local directory to output any files you want to collect as part of the test results. The contents of this directory will only be captured once or twice a minute, not on every iteration of the test plan if the test plan is very short.
Referencing Uploaded Files
As mentioned in the System Properties section above, use the
files_dir system property to locate any file you uploaded on the local system executing your test plan.